Not too long ago, a friend posted 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. I had never seen this before, but became instantly intrigued with the concept. Since then, I've found myself creating a list in my mind, adding to it as the days go along. So perhaps it's time I make the list and goals a little more concrete.
The main site for this idea seems to be here: Day Zero.
While making concrete, one-time goals is a good thing, I would also like to create a shorter list of things that I will repeat on a weekly or monthly basis. I'm terrible at keeping in contact with people, so that would play a large role in this particular list. I'm going to start with this list first, since it's much much shorter and I'm still working to attain 101 TTD. ;)
1. Hand write a letter twice a month.
2. Call someone every Sunday.
3. Read 2 new books a month. (I tend to reread the books I already have)
4. Ride at least 3 times a week. (I used to ride several times a day, every day.. so this is getting ridiculous!)
5. Go for at least one hike a month, and not always in Patapsco.
6. Update this list every 6 months.
That's it! We'll see how it goes.
In other news, life is moving right along. R leaves for England soon (grr!), I'm going "camping" in a few weeks, and we just found out this morning that we're getting another foster dog. This guy is definitely a dog in need - he was returned after 3 years living in a home. He has some issues that we will be working on, but I hear that overall he's a sweet little dude. Pictures soon! :)