Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blessed are the broodmares

Pecan Creek's Musique (Section B Welsh)

In that same batch of film that I found the other day, there were a few good pictures of the mommas. Of course, they're not just broodmares. They've each taught countless children to ride. Madoc Erian was a Reserve Nat'l Champion Driving mare (I think I got that right), and was also trained through 2nd level dressage. Her full sister, Madoc Rhiannon, has done Pony Club and gets pulled out of the field whenever anyone needs an extra competition mount. And Pecan Creek's Musique.. well.. I remember her way back when (14 years ago?) at the First Coast Hunter Jumper Shows. My friend Kelly and I thought she was the most beautiful pony we'd ever seen.


Madoc Rhiannon (Welsh Cob)


Madoc Erian (Welsh Cob)


These mares will never want - they're loved by many. That makes me so happy.

3 comments:

Stephermay said...

That last picture... what gorgeous eyes on that mare!! Beautiful pics. :)

Just Me said...

Beautiful pics indeed.

Emily said...

Thank you both! They're wonderful mares.. makes picture-taking easy! :)