Monday, November 22, 2010

Joanna Newsom

Last night, Ryan and I went to one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I've loved Joanna Newsom's voice from the moment I first heard it, her lyrics are smart, and she plays some interesting instruments. The mixing was good (as opposed to all of the other shows I've seen up here) and the venue was intimate. (Even if I thought we might be murdered in the empty parking garage.) The best surprises were the musicians that she's touring with, and the arrangements on her new and old songs. Inspired and absolutely beautiful.

Her voice has gotten stronger since this video, but this was my favorite "old" song of the night:





My only disappointment of the night was that she didn't have her harpsichord with her. :)

1 comment:

mom said...

I don't know her, but she seems incredibly talented!
Glad you both made it out of the parking garage!
Love YOU!!!!!